Kinsmans & Cannon via Kinsman Ridge Traverse from 112 to Tramway parking lot 6-26-10

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teufelhund

Reaction score
Kinsmans & Cannon via Kinsman Ridge Traverse from 112 to Tramway parking lot 6-26-10

S&N Kinsman & Cannon via Kinsman Ridge Traverse from 112 to Tramway parking lot

Date of Hike: 6-26-10

Trail Conditions: Numerous muddy sections to tackle along nearly every mile of this hike. I think the only mile that was relatively mud-free was the section between S & N Kinsman. But no blowdowns to report.

Special Equipment Required: Good balance of protein & carbs to fuel you over the many ups & downs along this traverse.

Comments: Our fifth consecutive season for the Kinsman Ridge Traverse. I don’t think we’d recognize this trail if the mud ever dried up. Plunged my pole into one mud-hole on the trail and it sank all the way to the handle! Bugs were on the warpath! Still, always a great feeling of accomplishment after finishing this slog. Started @ 6:50AM and finished @ 4:45PM.

Hello to Rocket whom we met at the junction with the Reel Brook Trail.

Hello to Chris from RI whom we met near the wooden steps on the west side of Cannon.

Your name: Steve M & Steve R

Your E-mail address: [email protected]