Good Businesses In the Whites

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll add one....the deli/general store on 302 right near the intersection of Bear Notch Rd is very good. Excellent sandwiches. I had to find another place since they closed the Subway at Munce's on the Kanc.

If you're refering to the one that was RIGHT at the junction in Bartlett, didn't it burn to the ground not too long ago?? A shame because it did have good subs and was a nice, quaint little New England general store...Sorry if I'm the bearer of bad news :(

Maybe you're refering to another, I'm not spot-on familiar with all of Bartlett.

I'll also agree with NH Mtn Hiker that GH pizza is far better than Elvios, plus right next door is the ice cream stand. Elvios is good for quick SLICES and SICILIAN, however.

Also, BILL AND BOB'S Famous Roast Beef in Lincoln, NH is to-die-for. The owners, Dave and Betty are top-notch people too.

Last edited:
I'll add one....the deli/general store on 302 right near the intersection of Bear Notch Rd is very good. Excellent sandwiches. . .
I think you're referring to that relatively new place that's on Rt. 302 just slightly east of Bear Notch Road and is on the same side of the road as the place that burned. Right?
I think it's called Bart's Deli, but not sure.

Northshore -

The conveinece stores sounds like Lowe's. They offer parking (for a small fee) which is convenient if you're hiking Lowe's Path.

That's it. I found it on the Google Street view and thats the place. I remember they still had the old Pegasus on the side of the garage.

If you're refering to the one that was RIGHT at the junction in Bartlett, didn't it burn to the ground not too long ago?? A shame because it did have good subs and was a nice, quaint little New England general store...Sorry if I'm the bearer of bad news :(

TDawg,

1HappyHiker got the name for me, it's Bert's (or Bart's?) Deli, about .5 mile east of where Bear Notch Deli once was. Excellent sandwiches there.

Ingy's Ice cream in Berlin, NH, on the way to Success Pond Road..

They have Giffords!!!!! YUUMMMMMM, Maine Black Bear... YUMMMM..

Great stop after hiking Goose Eye... Yummmm

Jay

Last edited:
I'll add one too-I stayed at the Crawford Notch General Store and Campground's small hostel while I was thru-hiking, and I really liked the place. They were super nice, the cabin/hostel and the bathrooms were really clean, and the water pressure in the shower was amazing. The general store is touristy, but it had sandwiches and snacks. I remember thinking that if I ever wanted a place to take family, they would be it.

who cares about all this - where is the cheapest beer found? Market basket in tilton?

Samaha's in Plymouth, is very cheap for brewski, only a half mile from Rt 93 exit 25 and no signals.

Bike parts and service at Rhino Bike Works Rt 93 Exit 26.

Ice cream at Sweet Kathy's in Plymouth on Main Street.

Hiking/Climbing/Sking equipment at Plymouth Ski & Sport on Main Street.

Last edited:
Can't say enough good stuff about Common Man in Lincoln. Camp Crackers are new on Lincoln menu and great carb load.

Also, as mentioned,the showers at Lafayette Campground main office were remodeled this past year. The showers at Dry River campground are excellent.

If passing through Jefferson, right on Rt 2, I would recommend the Village deli in the old Estabrooks garage. It sits right at the junction of Rt 115A and Rt 2. We love getting their pastrami grinders and fries. (we can't get pastrami grinders where we live now, they don't even call them "grinders" down here)