Twins, Bonds, Zealand, Hale (N Twin Tr,Spur,Twinway,Bondcliff,LendaHand,Hale Brook)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raven

Reaction score
Date of Hike: 12-13 July 2010

Trail Conditions: All trails and trail sections were in great shape. No blowdowns of consequence. Took shoes off for first crossing on North Twin Trail but easy enough. No others were issues.

Special Equipment Required: Deet, Water, Sunscreen. A hot few days even up high. Bugs were bad again.

Comments: A great couple days hiking with Dano. The sun and heat were tough and keeping hydrated was pretty hard even with alot of water, but the views were awesome on this beautiful stretch and the breezes were just enough. And, after many years of summits and wildlife sightings, I had a first. As I rounded onto the summit cone of West Bond, deep in the Pemi Wilderness, about 7 PM, I startled two young lovers who clearly imagined they had the summit to themselves :D I laughed all the way back down the spur path after a slightly awkward tag of the summit and told Dano (who unfortunately passed on W. Bond to head back to the shelter after a long day...)