Acadia NP and Grafton Notch State Park

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pudgy_groundhog

Reaction score
Seeing the thread about the Obamas visiting Bar Harbor prompted me to post this ... (btw, think it's cool we have a president that does some hiking!).

Just wanted to share some pictures from our trip in June. We normally split our time between Acadia and Baxter (we usually go in September), but this time we spent most of the week in Acadia with a few nights near Grafton Notch State Park on the way home.

Steve actually hiked 22 peaks in Acadia in a day and I was hoping he would post a trip report, but I don't think that's going to happen. In addition to his crazy hike we did the Beehive, Bald, Gilmore, Parkman, Sargent, Acadia Mtns and the Baldplates in Grafton. Nice hiking! The rest of the time was spent on the beach (Sand Beach and Echo Lake), Diver Ed boat trip (monster lobster!), eating ice cream, and relaxing at the house our in laws rented with friends (beautiful location on Somes Sound).

All pics are posted here and a few of my favorites:

213_bar_harbor.jpg

229_bald_peak_steve_forest_soft.jpg

215_sunburst_dock_horizontal_warmer.jpg

177_rock_high_key_creamtone.jpg

169_boat_lobster.jpg

214_bar_harbor_boats_texture.jpg

And well, because I'm a mom:

222_norah_bear.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Steve actually hiked all 22 peaks in Acadia in a day...

There are more than 22 peaks in Acadia, but I did hike 22 of them in one day. There were a couple too far out of the way so I did not hike those. If anyone is interested, I am attaching an excel file of my route. I think is was 30ish miles and 11,000-ish gain. I'll write a report some day.

Cool, cause there is also a named peak (Mt Champlain) over in Isle au Haut which is technically part of Acadia.. :)

Going to check out the photos...

jay

Kathy, beautiful pictures as always. Your trip reports are always "must see".
Steve, awesome hike. I looked at your spreadsheet, but I need to pull out my Acadia map to get a fuller appreciation of what you did.