Tragedy in Tuckermans

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I assume this occurred Sunday evening...

From what I could see of the N. Presies on Sunday (as seen from the ledges on Middle Carter), they were under some pretty daunting clouds and must have received rain or, at the least, misties?

Very sorry for him and his family/friends. This is something you just don't want to hear.

Now they say he went off the trail on his own to the top of the waterfall and slipped from there... was wondering if he had fallen and slipped on the trail... in particular the one hairy spot at the top of the headwall. Def sucks no matter what.

A few of us came down Tuckerman's around 2:30pm on Sunday after going up Huntington's Ravine. Tons of hikers on Tuckerman's. Clouds/fog above 5500ft or so. Didn't experience any rain at all.
It's terrible when these things happen....

We were there a few weeks ago and saw someone climb out to look down at the falls. The falls there are amazing and somewhat magical after the snow melts and must be very tempting to people. I was so sorry to hear about this outcome.