Anyone pass Bisquit Brook lean-to lately?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul ron

Reaction score
There is a large rotting tree by the lean-to threatening to fall on it for some years now. I was just wondering with all the crazy weather we've been having... is the lean-to still standing?

Where is the Bisquit Brook leanto located?

G.

Where is the Bisquit Brook leanto located?

G.
The Biscuit Brook lean-to is in the southern Catskill mountains, along the Pine Hill - West Branch Trail, about 2 miles from the southern trailhead.

I have not been by this lean-to in several years so I do not know its current status. However, I have not seen nor heard any reports of its demise. The demise of the German Hollow lean-to in the Catskills (by a falling tree over the past winter) was well reported. The German Hollow lean-to was on a much less traveled trail. So from the absence of a report I would assume that the Biscuit Brook lean-to is still OK. I am sorry that I cannot be more helpful on the lean-to status.

Last edited:
I haven't been there in a few years n was wondering. I was concerned because of the crazy storms we've been having. The large trees thretening to fall will crush it to a pile of toothpicks. It is a real danger to anyone seeking an escape in such a storm.

I know the roof is leaking in several places n have reported it to the ranger as well as the 2 trees, one dead and other large rotting fir tree just in front of the lean-to. Seems the park may have been cut back on staff n these issues aren't dealt with unless something catastrphic happens.

I may be in the area soon so I'll peek in to see how it is.

Thanks,
Paul

BTW I was at the Jon Rob lean-to this weekend... What a great job and such a beautiful site off the Brother's trail. Nice job guys!