Goose Eye 8/1/2010

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paradox

Reaction score
Holderness, NH, Avatar: Pine Marten on Mt Field
I would like to have company to do Goose Eye tomorrow. I still have not decided whether to take the Goose Eye Trail or the Wright Trial. The weather is supposed to be very nice. I would like to leave the trailhead about 7:30 am and Zippy will be along. My cell # is 603-707-9685.

If you are still undecided on which trail to take, I'll just try to nudge you towards the Wright Trail. It's very nice. Enjoy the hike whichever way you go.

I would second the wright trail. Zippy will like it better as the lower section of the Wright trail follows a brook for quite awhile. Plus there are some great swmming spots along the Sunday River. Success Pond Road is a long dusty drive and with the ATV traffic its not that pleasant.

Both trails are really nice.
If you have the time and a car spot, I recommend up Goose Eye and down Notch. Fulling Mill Mntn and the northern stretch of Goose Eye beyond the summit are pretty amazing.
If you don't have a spot, the Wright Trail is a nice trail, but felt a bit boring and unrelenting the first couple of miles when I hiked it.

Avoid Carlo Col Tr. Major clearcutting bummer. Up and back on the Goose Eye Tr is a nice route. There are some fun scrambles on the Goose Eye Tr.