St. Regis fire tower

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ADKatie

Reaction score
Does anyone know if this tower is still standing? It was slated for removal a few years back, but having never been to that summit, and having not heard anything since, I wasn't sure.

It has not yet been removed. Views from St. Regis do not require ascent of the tower and are awesome.

Thanks, Tom!

I was hoping to get a pic of the fire tower in case it does go down. I'm just beginning to start a new list, the Fire Tower list! And St. Regis was listed as a "threatened" tower.

Looks like I'll get that pic.

Katie,

Cool name by the way as my wife and I just named our dauter Kate almost one year ago.

Anyways Ampersand still has a tower too I believe and I agree with Tom...St Regin has awesome views and so does Ampersand.

ADAM

Anyways Ampersand still has a tower too I believe

ampersand has no tower - hasn't had one for quite awhile (but you can still see where the tower once stood if you go past the summit) - i was up on ampersand yesterday - - - - - last time i heard st. regis was to be removed it was to begin on thursday september 13th 2001 by a british army construction batallion (for practice) but september 11th 2001 saved the tower since now armies now had more to worry about.

it's really something that 2 towers coming down saved st. regis tower for awhile... i had to get away for a couple days so i figured it would be nice to see st.regis, so on saturday september 15th i went up to see if st. regis was still standing (and it was with no signs of anyone starting to dismantle it yet as was planned).