Dry River Trail to Falls

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sapblatt

Reaction score
Water levels have receeded - Mt. Clinton Trail crossing is safe to do, but probably not doable without getting your feet wet - but no big deal. The further past the suspension bridge you get, the more frequent and interesting the obstacles get - many blowdowns - all negotiable...a couple where you could lose the trail for a bit, but no biggie. The lack of blazes rarely posed a problem, but an arrow would be nice at the tributary crossing just ahead of the Isolation Trail - the trail looks like it goes straight or it could go left - when I first crossed I thought I was heading to a campsite!
The side path to the falls is on the left - maybe .2 beyond the Mt. Ike trail - if you are looking you cannot miss it...steep and muddy - I fell once on the first section and once on the section after the campsite that goes to the base of the falls, but nothing serious...about 11 miles RT - maybe 1700 total gain and well worth it.