Highpoint: Wisconsin. Timm's Hill (1951.5 ft). July 26, 2010

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrishandAlex

Reaction score
Copied from http://www.trishalexsage.com
Accompanying pictures can be found there.

Our next stop was Timm's Hill, the highpoint of Wisconsin. The trail leading to the top is only a half-mile long; the girls and I ran the entire way.

There are two towers at the highpoint. Here's the first, which we easily climbed.

Views from the top of Wisconsin...

Here's the second tower, seen from the top of the first one.

We chose not to climb this one, since one little misstep will send you plummeting to the ground.

The marker's right underneath the second tower...

Mission accomplished, we ran back down the hill, jumped in our Honda, and drove to Chicago, where we met Hugh for a three day break.

Next highpoint: Michigan's Mt. Arvon.

Tower fun

Looks like you had a good day.
On our trip there, it was a misty day but the pictures were the same as yours.Not a whole lot to see there.
Mosquitos were hungry, so we did not stay long,however I did climb part way up the Fire tower but the metal rungs were slippery so did not get much past the closed in section. Wish I had taken the camera the views were a little better at that time.As they say, shoulda,coulda, woulda .:)
Later that afternoon was a fun time avoiding Tornados in the Dells.

Looks like you had a good day.
On our trip there, it was a misty day but the pictures were the same as yours.Not a whole lot to see there.
Mosquitos were hungry, so we did not stay long,however I did climb part way up the Fire tower but the metal rungs were slippery so did not get much past the closed in section. Wish I had taken the camera the views were a little better at that time.As they say, shoulda,coulda, woulda .:)
Later that afternoon was a fun time avoiding Tornados in the Dells.

The Fire tower looks like fun...if you have climbing gear. :)

Tornados...arg. We have been dodging tornado warnings and severe thunderstorms for most of our trip. Luckily, we haven't been anywhere near an actual touchdown.

We spent a few days in the Dells last week, waiting for the IL highpoint to open to the public...thankfully, we had clear skies. Pretty place, and lots of attractions for the kids. We enjoyed our time there.