Loon Lake Mountain

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adk_dib

Reaction score
Anyone try the hike to loon lake mtn fire tower yet? The report in the adirondack explorer said at the time there were still no trespassing signs at the gate. They said the trail had lots of blowdown also. Is the gate easy to find and hows the trail. A friend of mine lives in Malone and she says she is not in great shape for a hard climb.

Loon Lake Mtn

A local chapter hike to LL Mtn is scheduled for Saturday 21 August. For further information go to the ADK home page and click on the link to the Shatagee Woods chapter.

Brian (bushwacker) and I hiked it two weeks ago. Very nice hike, maybe three blowdowns, easy to step over. Beautiful hike, lots of blackberries. Last mile is steep, beautiful views. Trailhead is very easy to find and there is a sign on the gate.

Happy Trails - Cindy

Out of curiosity, what did the sign on the gate say? "Welcmoe to the Loon Lake Mtn. Trail" - or - "No trespassing for any reason; violaters will be shot, survivors will be shot again."?

Out of curiosity, what did the sign on the gate say? "Welcmoe to the Loon Lake Mtn. Trail" - or - "No trespassing for any reason; violaters will be shot, survivors will be shot again."?
Signs have been changing. The no trespassing signs are gone (since the state acquired the land). The last time I was there a sign said, "Do not block the gate". The friends of Loon Lake Mt group may have put up a real sign.