Forest Service parking fees waived this weekend 8/14-8/15

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In order to publicize this event in a positive light, the Forest Service is actually going to be giving out awards (patches and scrolls) to the person who parks at the most pay sites this weekend. Of course, there are rules;

1) You need to have a picture taken of yourself next to an identifying landmark at the trailhead. If you have a big smile or a thumbs up, you get extra credit.

2) If you have Massachusetts tags, you can get extra credit if you parallel park (taking up 3 spaces) or block the exit so no one can get in/out.

3) You must remain parked there for 15 minutes. The Forest Service suggests using an MP3 of Iron Butterfly's In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida as the timing mechanism. When Ron Bushy's drum solo ends, the 15 minutes is up.

4) Obviously, you may NOT nap in your car for those 15 minutes.

I know there are other rules but I forgot them. Does anyone else know which ones I've missed??

bob

You must:

(i) Park only in Designated developed parking.

(ii) Do your business in A permanent toilet facility.

(iii) Dispose of some trash in A permanent trash receptacle.

(iv) Take a photo of yourself at the Interpretive sign, exhibit, or kiosk.

(v) Eat a meal (not a snack) at one of the Picnic tables.

(vi) Take a video of the Security services in action.

Tim

Moderator Note
Please refrain from using every thread that mentions the USFS as a way to bash them. There are plenty of other threads where you can do that if you so choose.

-dave-

Moderator Note
Please refrain from using every thread that mentions the USFS as a way to bash them. There are plenty of other threads where you can do that if you so choose.

-dave-

Agreed. We should support this, and encourage a free weekend every month (or week).

I had a nice free hike from Zealand Road, and hope others were out to show the FS how much this is appreciated.

Next free days are Sat. Sept. 25, and Veterans Day.

Let's not get too sensitive guys. It's called "A Sense Of Humor". I gladly support the Forest Service financially by buying annual passes as I'm sure you do too.