Rant on illegal camping III

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sid Yamel

Reaction score
Hey all who took part Rant on illegal camping II by Qwerty7777. I want to apolgize for some things I said. I was out of line and after thinking about it if everyone broke the rules.... well, it wouldn't be pretty.

Maybe Qwerty7777 will see it someday?

Peace,

Sid :p

Good move, Sid. You're a standup guy.

G.

Agreed,

You ain't the first to be scolded by Papa , ( :cool: been there :cool: ) and douptfully won't be the last neither.

Last edited:
Accepted,

But not really necessary. Good dialogue(and a fair bit of arguing) is good for all. Other views are necessary to change the status quo. I agreed with several points, that in certain cases, the rules may no longer be appropriate. If we just sit back and let them be, things may never change. It is the opportunity to voice opinions that is great about this board, and our society. Plus it is kinda fun.

My only gripe was the blatant disregard for the rules posted and the taking it upon oneself to decide which rules to follow and which to ignore.

So thanks both for the apology and the dialogue.

Rob

Re: Accepted,

rtrimarc said:
My only gripe was the blatant disregard for the rules posted and the taking it upon oneself to decide which rules to follow and which to ignore.

So thanks both for the apology and the dialogue.

Rob [/B]
"the taking it upon oneself to decide which rules to follow and which to ignore. "

I think most people do that in many areas of life. It's a matter of degree and the letter of the law vs. the spirit of the law.

Thanks for the good words. :D

Maybe we should take this to the PM area?

Way to go Sid.

Debate is good. Respect for the outdoors is even better. You are ok on both counts by me. Plus I feel better now that you can honor Jerry's memory with some positive vibes! :D :cool:

I love to violate rules and laws, so long as they are unjust. That's how justice is achieved. However, respect for our struggling environment compels me to abide by those rules and laws, even if they are sometimes hard to understand, appreciate or follow. I'm glad you know the difference, too. (That's what I meant by my "fight the man instead of the environment" comments in that old thread.)

Peace,

DeadFred

Last edited:
Jerry's memory

DeadFred said:
Way to go Sid.

Debate is good. Respect for the outdoors is even better. You are ok on both counts by me. Plus I feel better now that you can honor Jerry's memory with some positive vibes! :D :cool:

I love to violate rules and laws, so long as they are unjust. That's how justice is achieved. However, respect for our struggling environment compels me to abide by those rules and laws, even if they are sometimes hard to understand, appreciate or follow. I'm glad you know the difference, too. (That's what I meant by my "fight the man instead of the environment" comments in that old thread.)

Peace,

DeadFred

Well I can't say that I agree with Jerry on his philosophy but the ice cream is good.

What make a law just? Would it not have to come from a just source?

What make a law just? Would it not have to come from a just source?

Well, that's the million dollar question, isn't it. To discuss that would require us going off line and entering into discussions and debates on politics, philosophy, religion, history and government. (All taboo subjects on Darren's site.)

My comment in that regard was really meant to draw a distinction between types of rules and laws...

Rules and laws meant to protect our environment are generally and ideally intended to protect natural resources. Laws and rules governing social, economic and political justice are more problematic in terms of solutions aimed at achieving justice for the aggrieved. These also, imho, allow for more contentious and active debate aimed at solutions.

Personally speaking, I will always err on the side of protecting the environment over violating an environmental rule or reg., even if I believe such rules and regs are squishy-as you suggested in your initial thread. But with regard to politics and social issues, we should all foster debate and dialogue for the good of the society.

Last edited:
I am glad to see that Sid has repented from the err of his ways, especially after turning my topic into a trolling session. Sid, you're a weasel! As you could have probably told, I am by no means an environmentalist. I like to hike and camp and I don't like the government telling me where i can do either. By the same token I don't believe in leaving trash and human "stuff" off the trail. By pitching a tent off the trail, I am not hurting anything. Nuff said - in all things balance and reason.

qwerty7777 said:
I am glad to see that Sid has repented from the err of his ways, especially after turning my topic into a trolling session. Sid, you're a weasel! As you could have probably told, I am by no means an environmentalist. I like to hike and camp and I don't like the government telling me where i can do either. By the same token I don't believe in leaving trash and human "stuff" off the trail. By pitching a tent off the trail, I am not hurting anything. Nuff said - in all things balance and reason.

Qwerty that was not very kind. C'mon lighten up a little. I don't want to have report you. Maybe a little Ben & Jerry's will cool you off a bit. You started this thing. It really helped me see the right path to take. What's wrong with being an environmentalist? They/we do things balance and reason. Thanks for your help Querty. :D

Wow, Sid's starting to sound like a certain tall fellow running for President... You go, Sid perhaps you have a future after all!

qwerty7777 said:
Wow, Sid's starting to sound like a certain tall fellow running for President... You go, Sid perhaps you have a future after all!

Remember Querty no politics on this site! Have some ice cream. Relax.

DeadFred said:
Way to go Sid.

Peace,

DeadFred

Hey Deadfred - this is twisted! How is justice achieved by the breaking of laws? You have respect for our environment but not for our Constitution? How is it, in your mind, that the environment should trump all other societal standards? Just curious, not antagonistic.

Hoo-Boy,
Anybody wanna guess when this thread hits the dumpster?

I give it 'til noon Thursday - tops

Qwerty and Sid,

On behalf of the VFTT community, I'm asking both of you to please cut out the "gotcha"? Its annoying, does nothing to advance the purpose of this Board and wastes bandwidth. You're welcome to contribute here, or post somewhere else.

Peakbagr

Last edited:
Peakbagr said:
Qwerty and Sid,

On behalf of the VFTT community, I'm asking both of you to please cut out the "gotcha"? Its annoying, does nothing to advance the purpose of this Board and wastes bandwidth. You're welcome to contribute here, or post somewhere else.

Peakbagr

O.K. I am officially cutting out the "gothcha" but remember my first post? I was just trying to make things right.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.