2010 Fall Foliage thread

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nartreb

Reaction score
This is from last week, got some good hobblebush and blueberry shots over the weekend which I'll post shortly. Also some deep magenta sphagnum, not sure if that color is really seasonal but I'll probably post it anyway.

A few of the birches are *just* starting to turn up in Baxter State Park, at least in the vicinity of the Marston Trail. I'd put the yellow foliage at about 1% of the overall birch foliage. Nothing else seemed to be turning yet. The sampling was pretty random, too, and not strictly localized to trees next to ponds, streams, etc.

Chris

I was up north near Red River Camps in Deboullie, ME last week and the colors up there were very noticable. An early fall perhaps?

I found hundreds of tiny maple sprouts deep into red foliage colors out by Shoal Pond, plus a scattering of regular sized trees starting up.

FoliageMushroom.jpg

It's getting there! The snapshot below of the Rocky Branch valley was taken a few days ago. In the foreground toward the bottom of the photo, it can be seen that some trees are just beginning to show a little bit of Autumn color.

P1070023.JPG

Last edited:
Just the barest hints of fall near me this week.

IMG_11109.jpg

IMG_11090.jpg

Mostly up high or on the old/sick trees at this point.

I was up north near Red River Camps in Deboullie, ME last week and the colors up there were very noticable. An early fall perhaps?

Maybe.... Just got back from the yearly trip to our favorite local apple orchard (in north central Mass) and the owners said they were at least a week ahead of "schedule" on the early varieties. We went in thinking we might have to search for ripe ones, but the trees were loaded with stuff ready to pick.

I found hundreds of tiny maple sprouts deep into red foliage colors out by Shoal Pond, plus a scattering of regular sized trees starting up.

FoliageMushroom.jpg

Now that is stunning! I really like the way you've focused on a small, delicate piece of forest. Awesome composition...belongs in a frame on a wall :D

Awesome photos everyone! Thank you all so much for sharing. It is really enjoyable to look at these. :)