Baxter Parking? - Russell Pond

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carcinus

Reaction score
I have a reservation to stay at Russell Pond on Saturday night. When I made the reservation I told the ranger that we would be leaving from roaring brook and returning to the car on Sunday afternoon. She didn't mention anything about also needing to reserve a parking pass. I was wondering if the parking pass at roaring brook was included with a night at Russell Pond. I hope so as I just checked the website and there if no more parking spots available for this weekend, although it looks like Earl might scare some people (possibly me) away.

Yes, your reservation at Russell Pond includes a parking spot at Roaring Brook. Last time I went there, I was instructed to park on the "camping" side of the lot. The day-use passes only apply to the "day use" side of the RB parking lot. I'm sure they'll tell you where to go when you enter Togue Pond gate.

Chris

If you havent been there before its a great place. I like the more easterly trail from Roaring brook but there is a significant water crossing as Wassataquoik Stream, if Earl come through you may want to take the westerly approach, it has more elevation but fewer stream crossings.

I'm sure you'll have a great time. Russell pond is a great place to spend a few days, with lots of interesting trails and places to explore.