Pemi Loop Alternatives?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TEO

Reaction score
I'm planning on hiking in the White Mountains this weekend and I keep hearing about this "Pemi Loop" trail. Is that the only trail in the Whites or are there other trails?

Pretty awesome loop that starts and finishes at Dolly Copp Campground.

9 4,000 footers, a little over 33 miles, and ~13,400 gain.

Dolly Copp Campground --> Rt 16 --> Imp Trail --> North Carter Trail --> Carter-Moriah Trail up over Middle Carter, South Carter, Height, and Carter Dome --> Wildcat Ridge Trail over Wildcats A and D --> Polecat Ski Trail --> Crew-Cut Trail --> Tuckerman Ravine Trail up over Washington (can also take Huntington Ravine/Nelson Crag Trails for added fun) --> Gulfside Trail --> Clay Loop up Clay --> Jefferson Loop up Jefferson --> Lowe's Path up Adams --> Star Lake (or Airline) --> Osgood to Madison --> Daniel Webster Scout to Dolly Copp.

Before they took the goddamn bridge out, you could walk the Wilderness Trail all the way out 5 miles or something, cross the bridge, then walk back on the Pemi East Side Trail. Can't do it no more: you gotta swim.

-Dr. Wu

I'm still waiting for someone to go after my FKT on the Rail n River Loop.

What is it? Toolshed Hill I hear has a great 0.3 mi loop option. People use it in the summer and winter.

-Dr. Wu

There is a Discovery Loop Trail which is right near the Pemi Loop, not sure if it is easier or harder as I've only done the PL in sections and the DL not at all.