Flown from the highest fire tower in New England on 9/11/10

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocket21

Reaction score
carrigainfot481.jpg

carrigainfot482.jpg

carrigainfot483.jpg

carrigainfot484.jpg

carrigainfot485.jpg

This is a day when all Americans from every walk of life unite in our resolve for justice and peace. America has stood down enemies before, and we will do so this time. None of us will ever forget this day, yet we go forward to defend freedom and all that is good and just in our world.

Thank you. Good night. And God bless America.

Thanks Jeremy for letting Liz and me be a part of this. We were honored and humbled. Thanks to Silver Fox for providing the flag and all the trimmings. Great to see the gang all in one place.

Great idea! Lining the trail with flags...seems like a lot of work

Nice job everyone! Great idea with the flags along Signal Ridge.

Petch

That is an awesome idea lining the trail too! I was up on GArfield that day and could see the flag atop Carrigains fire tower. Awesome

Hey Mark,
We saw your flag flying proudly from the summit of Monroe. Great job to you and your crew!
J&J

What a great assortment of photos Jeremy..The flags along the ridge worked out perfect ..the shot showing the ridge walk with the flag snapping briskly on the tower is spectacular.

Great group effort and a really exceptional day

It is excellent that we could be seen from other peaks as we enjoyed picking out flags on Hancocks, Bonds, Lafayette, Garfield, South Twin and Field

Pictures from around the peaks show such awesome displays..this is such an amazing event and shows how united we stand in the hiking community..

Never Forget

Last edited:
Jeremy and Mark,
You and the entire crew created an even more powerful feeling by lining the trail with the flags along Signal Ridge. A wonderful job.

We Will Never Forget.

Donna:)

REALLY great photos.
Poignant quotation, really drives the point home.

Loved the flags on Signal Ridge, when I topped the ridge and saw those, it gave me the boost I needed for the summit push!