Got Snow?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim Seaver

Reaction score
Somewhere East of the Mississippi...

mysterylocation.jpg

He says that it's "east of the Mississippi," but in the US and not in Canada. The eastern US does not have topography like that, and there hasn't been any snowfall yet.

My guess is that it has to be Alaska. Specifically somewhere near Kiska in the Aleutians (where the US just barely breaks into the eastern hemisphere and thus would be "east" of the Mississippi.) The only thing that makes me unsure is the vegetation. In every account I've ever read of the Aleutian front in WW2, the islands in that area are described as just tundra with little in the way of actual trees. The pictures I've seen of Kiska itself back that up as well.

I also can't see anybody being overly protective of snow in an area that's so tough to reach. :p

But that's my best guess.

I don't think that photo is in the Sierra - we've had a little snow up high, but only a dusting thus far.

I don't know whether the Rockies in Colorado or Utah have had snow yet.

Maybe Canadian Rockies/Columbias/Kootenay?

We are assuming that is a current picture of new snow. He didn't date the photo. Look at the snow at his feet. It doesn't look fresh fallen. More like spring snow?