VFTT dog hike in November - Greylock ?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Next on our list after finishing Lauky's second and my fourth round of the 48 which is coming up in a couple of weeks, next on the list is Greylock.

I quite probably will be in Georgia on the 13th and possibly but not certainly on the 20th. However, if by any chance we are up this way, I am definitely interested.

A few of us are still planning to meet at Gould at 9 to join Peakbagr part way. We'll peel off at some point to do a loop hike to avoid the problem of car spotting with dogs who are strangers to each other. This is beyond Dugan-3.75-leg's capabilities but Caboodle will be raring to go!

Dugan, haven't been up Gould trail on Greylock yet. Is trailhead access OK with regular cars. We could also be there closer to 9:15 or a few minutes later.

Alan

Thanks, Audrey.
Been to GL a bunch of times, but always from Roaring Brook or variations on the Albany side of the mtn.
Hoping that low clearance cars can drive to the Gould TH.

We'll have some new to hiking folks on the trip and though a longer drive from the direction we're coming from, shorter than Roaring Brook and the map looked like a nice, even grade as you mentioned.

Lets do another dog hike closer to central MA to be closer to our NE folks sometime this winter?

Alan

I understand the Gould trailhead is fine. 9:30 will keep us all from hurrying.

Plans afoot for another MA hike, something farther east to pick up the east MA/NH doghikers. Maybe January.

Alan

I had earlier expressed some interest in going but when I got to figuring how long it would take to get there from Maine and how early :eek: I would have to leave for an 8:30 to 9:30 AM start I decided to simply highpoint it while the road was still open, so I've been there and done that.

Be thinking of you all anyway. Have a good hike. :)

Dugan, haven't been up Gould trail on Greylock yet. Is trailhead access OK with regular cars. We could also be there closer to 9:15 or a few minutes later.

Alan

West mountain Road is paved, Alan. The parking lot is not a problem, either. Have fun, and take pics to post. I told Jay to take a minute and check out the Peck's Brook lean-to, about half-way up. There's a cool waterfall in front of it.