Foliage Thread

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike P.

Reaction score
I was in New Berlin & Oneonta the past couple of days (where the man on the OBP was from) and they were many trees in full color, some even had dropped many leaves.

This area is between the Catskills & Adirondacks south of Utica. Even in SE CT, we have some color, usually we are not peak until a week or more after Columbus Day.

Any other sightings? Looks early this year. If you have Columbus Day weekend plans, you way want to pick lower elevation southern destinations.

It does seem early this year, doesn't it? I'm typing this out on my deck and looking at the yellows of the ashes and the reds of the maples. And when the wind kicks up, a rush of leaves drift softly towards the grass.

Except for the raking, I love this time of year!

Northeast Vermont is about at peak right now. Get out there...

Sucess Township in NH was at or close to peak yesterday. My place on Gorham Randolph line is starting to look good but its not near peak yet

We seem to be starting early and progressing rapidly in Bethel. We might peak in the next week, but the colors seem less vivid than last year.
-vegematic

I went up the Pumpelly Trail on Monadnock today and was pleasantly surprised at the color that is already showing.

Color was decent in the Grafton Notch area on Saturday.

View from Puzzle Mountain.
61089_1575723162915_1530671987_1434525_96268_n.jpg

Drove through the Rangeley area on Sunday and the colors seemed a bit more vivid up there.

Last edited: