Northeast’s Fastest Known Times

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seen on Facebook:

Leah Haynes Lawry
August 21 at 7:48 AM ·
10 days (9 days, 23 hrs, 57mins to be exact), 67/67 summits, 300 miles, and a new Fastest Known Time!! I started the final day at 7:30 a.m. with Tecumseh, then drove to VT and was heading up Mansfield at 1:20 p.m., next was Camels Hump at 5:30 p.m., then Ellen and Abraham at 9:20 p.m., and finally Killington this morning at 4:30 a.m. for sunrise. Peter and Jason joined me for the final hike, and after some quick photos on the summit we ran all the way down cause I really wanted to finish in under 10 hours. Jason's going to have to work hard to get the record back!

Tim

Holy Cow. That's just tough too fathom for a mortal like me.

Can’t independently verify this, but it looks legit.

New unsupported NH 48 record by Bill Tidd. 6 days, 7 hours, 30 minutes.

Tweet with GPS track ...

Unsupported NH 48 Fastest Known Time

I was following his trip but stopped when one of his messages in Crawford Notch said "done" and the tracking ceased. Looks like tracking restarted in Pinkham 14 hours later, I'm sure people are going to give him shit for that. Also weird that he resummited a couple peaks. Do the unsupported rules really require you be carrying all of your gear at all times? He did Cabot twice because he dropped his headlamp and Passaconaway because he dropped his pack.

I have never understand this penchant for speed records in the mountains. Turning the White Mts and the Adirondacks into some sort of timed obstacle course just turns me off. I wouldn't really care if people just did it and never announced it. I admire the endurance and tenacity to pull off some of these feats. But, it seems that the temptation for a little bit of "fame" is just irresistible. I'm waiting to see somebody set a record for the 111 (if it hasn't already been done), something that took me 39 years.