Buck Mt 9-25-10

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peakbagr

Reaction score
Sorry, no other way to describe the day except 'you shoulda been there'. Perfect weather for climbing, light breeze as we got higher. Very windy on top.
Mix of sun and cumulous clouds put the surround peaks in and out of ever shifting cloud shadows.
We watched a small flock of Canada geese flying south....except they were 100 yds away and below us !
Visible from the summit: Lake George village, Glens Falls, Crane Mt to the west, Hoffman Mt to the north and beyond Hoffman, the ADK high peaks in the distance.
Crossett Pond was shimmering below us on one side and Lake George's on the other with Tongue Mt splitting the lake part way up.

The top 150' was open rock slab and you can see some of our hikers walking and pausing for the views. We were in and out of areas with stunted oak trees near the summit, and everyone was enjoying the conversation and lingering.

I had a ball showing the peak to some folks who'd never been to Buck before. My Lab, Bookah, had an equally good time all the way up and down chasing squirrels and chipmunks. She's in dreamland right now, getting ready for our romp on the Paint Mine trail in Thacher Park tomorrow a.m.

Some photos in the below link:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sred...1sRgCP6F-eLC-NCCNg&invite=COC1zP4J&feat=email

Last edited:
Visible from the summit: Lake George village, Glens Falls, Crane Mt to the east,

Haven't been up there for the past couple of years, always great views
of the lake.I think you meant to say, Crane Mt to the west ;)