Saquatch makes an amazing recovery! 10/4/10

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FARMER

Reaction score
After all the hardship Sasquatch endured early last winter with a shattered pelvis. I'm proud to announce he is no longer on the injured list. ( even though he still complains alot :eek:) Since I returned home a couple of weeks ago he has put together an amazing string of accomplishments.

9/19/10 Pemi loop counter clockwise 8 hr 15 min

9/24/10 Virgil Crest 50 miler 11th place 12:01

9/26/10 The Santanonis as a recovery hike finishing off a week of 125 miles :cool:

10/4/10 Double hit and run: The Hancocks in 2:11.59 and The Moose via
Gorge brook, Carraige road, Snapper trail. 2:03.00

I Just thought I needed to give a plug for the big guy.

Effing amazing!

Way to go, Rob. That's one heck of an accomplishment. You are truly inspirational... :)

nice, rob. real impressive recovery. glad to hear back to laying down ridiculous trip times. keep it up.

bryan

Insane. I think I'll throw myself under a bus and try to break my pelvis. Maybe it will work for me? yeah, right.....:D

Petch

Very impressive!

How did you guys make out on your Tecumseh, Osceolas, Tripyramids loop that you were doing a couple of weeks ago when we met out there?

Well, we got to the bottom of the Scar Ridge Trail and decided the cruise down livermore road would be more fun.

I'm happy to announce that this weekend I completed my first attempted 100 mile race, Rocky Racoon 100. The hip held up great! I would have never thought this possible given the hand I have been dealt and my orthos prognosis. I'm not trying to shamelessly self promote here but only offer encouragement to those who have suffered injury. I'm looking forward to more...

I'm happy to announce that this weekend I completed my first attempted 100 mile race, Rocky Racoon 100

Congrats! Great job down there!

That's great news Rob! Glad your healing has gone well and your race did too! 'round here if your a self promoter it's liking saying you're a glutton for punishment. I suspect you would have had to do the hundred in snowshoes on unbroken trail to be legit!;)

hey,i think its bad enough when i stub my toe! nice going, and glad to hear you sound even stronger!

I'm happy to announce that this weekend I completed my first attempted 100 mile race, Rocky Racoon 100. The hip held up great! I would have never thought this possible given the hand I have been dealt and my orthos prognosis. I'm not trying to shamelessly self promote here but only offer encouragement to those who have suffered injury. I'm looking forward to more...

Nice job Rob..(and L) quite an accomplishment