Back from PCT, What did I miss?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guthook

Reaction score
Hey everybody, I just finished about seven months of backpacking and forcing myself to stay away from most of the internet, so I've been seriously out of the loop for a while. I'll finally be back home in Maine in less than a week, so I'd love to hear what's been going on in the hiking world in the northeast. Any news whatsoever, as long as it relates to mountains or trails. Anybody?

And in case you're wondering, a trip report is on its way... but it'll be a while. First order of business is the scariest part-- finding a job and a place to live. Once I get that taken care of, I'll see what I can do with some photos and stories.

Cheers!

And in case you're wondering, a trip report is on its way... but it'll be a while. First order of business is the scariest part-- finding a job and a place to live. Once I get that taken care of, I'll see what I can do with some photos and stories.

Cheers!

First congratulations. I hope you know how lucky (or what a good planner) you are. You missed very little.

The AT is my first order of business when I retire. Having a job and a place to live is what screwed it all up for me. Putting a horrible dent in my free time. :D Hopefully it will go better for you.

Regards,
Keith

The AT is my first order of business when I retire. Having a job and a place to live is what screwed it all up for me. Putting a horrible dent in my free time. :D Hopefully it will go better for you.

Thanks, Keith. I agree... it's hard to make these things happen with the job and place to live, but I'm going to give it a shot for a while, hopefully without killing any future plans for big hikes. And I do have some plans. But none in the next twelve months. I like not having plans sometimes :)

I'll be happy to hear about the AT Hike when you do retire, though!