Hiking Forums for Washington State, British Columbia, & Other Western Areas

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyohman

Reaction score
Frequent reader and infrequent poster here. I have hiked the recognized 4000 footers of Maine and New Hampshire, plus many others in the area. Last weekend I made it to Carr Mountain. What a treat.

DSC01555.JPG

Recently I accepted a job in Snohomish County, Washington that I start within a month. I am looking forward to the job and the outdoor opportunities there. Does anyone know of a forum similar to VFTT out there? The National Weather Service, Mount Washington Observatory, National Forest Service, State Fish & Game sites, VFTT, and other pages have been valuable resources. Hoping to find something similar to VFTT.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Thanks Kevin

The Mountaineers is a name I have heard. They have a location near where I'll be living.

We lived in Snohomish County for six years. You're in for one helluva treat moving out there. If you're the joinin' kind, join the Mountaineers -- they're highly respected and have a lot to offer. If you're not, buy their books instead.

And remember the simple key to enjoying the outdoor life on the we(s)t side of the Cascades: If you won't do it in the rain, you won't be doing it much at all. Buy the very best clothing for the conditions that you can afford, and have at it!

*bows*

Great info from everyone including those who messaged me privately.

sardog1: Thanks for the info on the rain. I had assumed that and it will be an adjustment, but I welcome it. :)

Ah yes, Crystal Mountain. Have a fond memory of it -have never climbed it, but slept in the ski area's parking lot one July night as it was the meeting point the next day to begin a Rainier climb from the White River campground which wasn't too far away.

They get lots of snow in Washington! I hope you enjoy the state. They have some of the biggest trees on the planet.

Big trees and snow for sure. Even the maple leafs are outrageous. One of the things my brother and I noticed were the Oregon Maples. :eek:

Ah yes, Crystal Mountain. Have a fond memory of it -have never climbed it, but slept in the ski area's parking lot one July night as it was the meeting point the next day to begin a Rainier climb from the White River campground which wasn't too far away.

They get lots of snow in Washington! I hope you enjoy the state. They have some of the biggest trees on the planet.

Kevin,

I climbed that a few years back. Several countable summits all with great views about 4k plus gain counting the dips between bumps, 5 miles one way awesome views. Close to the summit almost pooped a girl rode by on a mountain bike. She claimed to have ridden the trail up from the parking lot. I was impressed.

In regards to the "wet side" Summers are pretty dry they shut off the faucet about mid April and it does not come on again until Oct. 90 degrees feels like 70 and you rarely see black flies.