when nature calls

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was taught to burn the paper after you wipe and then cover the ash and dookie with the dirt excavated from the cat hole.
I think the reason we see TP more this time of year is that the fall foliage season brings out a lot of folks who have never hiked or only go on a hike once or twice a year. That is when I find the most fresh paper on the trail. I honestly think it is mostly females peeing as I rarely see or smell a steaming pile near the paper. So really it does not worry me much as there are no big nasties in urine.
In the spring you find the paper remnants from the winter hikers on the peaks and around tent sites but not on the trails. Those are from BM for sure and you do well to avoid the general area where you find paper.

Yellow snow should not be covered up as you want to know where not to scoop up snow for melting and exactly what snow not to eat. : )

Now to eat my lunch!

Yellow snow should not be covered up as you want to know where not to scoop up snow for melting and exactly what snow not to eat. : )

Interesting perspective, but who would scoop snow for melting right by the trail?

With snow season upon us :) How about the yellow snow issue???? Why do so many people not cover it up???? Usually right next to the trail? ICK!!!!

i usually dont cover it up, just so people know not to use it for dinner.

i sometimes also sign my name in the snow just for giggles.

and not usually right on trail.....

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I'll never be able to think of Goddard shelter (Glastenbury Mtn, VT) without thinking of the woman's ass we walked up on peeing in the snow 15 ft. from the shelter. Forever burned in my mind, and it wasn't pretty. :(

We then had to walk past her pee-hole to the shelter where we had a break and engage in a conversation with the couple. She hadn't noticed my hiking partner and I, 30-40 yards uphill on the trail, and were of course, unaware of what we had just witnessed. Awwwwkwarrrrd....

Unfortunately, I'll never be able to think of Goddard shelter (Glastenbury Mtn, VT) without thinking of the woman's ass we walked up on peeing in the snow 15 ft. from the shelter. Forever burned in my mind, and it wasn't pretty. :(

We then had to walk past her pee-hole to the shelter where we had a break and engage in a conversation with the couple. She hadn't noticed my hiking partner and I, 30-40 yards uphill on the trail, and were of course, unaware of what we had just witnessed. Awwwwkwarrrrd....

haha, that is pretty funny!

i was hiking up mansfield once (in the summer) and there was a canadian gal squatting right on the trail. it was pretty nasty. i dont usually say anything to people who are doing ignorant things because i do plenty of stupid things myself. i just couldnt help myself and i said something like "what are you a dog" , her and her hiking partner looked puzzled and said something in french, which i did not understand.