Lake Placid Ski Conditions

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The Lake Placid Visitor's Bureau has totally redone their web site. Unfortunately, to date the ski conditons page that many have come to rely on over the years is not in the new site. I am working on resurecting this page or upgrading the ASTC web site (jackrabbittrail.org) so that the conditions can continue to be reported. In the meantime, one can call 518-523-1365 for conditions.

Tony Goodwin

Is there anyone to whom we can write at the Visitor's Bureau to request to have this page resurrected? I and I'm sure others, have come to rely on your reports for snow conditions and hope that there is some way the conditions page will be back.

There is a link on the new site for comments. I sent them one the yesterday on this issue. Be good to get other comments in to build support.

There is a link on the new site for comments. I sent them one the yesterday on this issue. Be good to get other comments in to build support.

Agreed. I sent a similar comment within ten minutes of posting the above message. I didn't know if there was someone specific to whom I/we can direct these comments for maximum effect.

The current address for conditions is: www.lakeplacid.com/backcountry-ski-conditions. I have updated them as of this afternoon. I am still working to get the full conditions page restored with the x-c centers, the Jackrabbit Trail, and the backcountry all having "equal billing". For now it's mostly the backcountry, and we'll endeavor to keep it up to date.