LL Bean

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigfoot

Reaction score
I need to give credit where it is due.

Last August,2009, I purchased an LL Bean Bigelow pack. The final consideration was the guarantee. Two weeks ago a major zipper came apart on top of the mountain. Yesterday, I went to one of the stores with my pack. The guy behind the counter took me over to the packs, grabbed a new one, handed it to me, and wished me luck.

This was the first time I have ever returned anything to LL Bean. I usually have completely destroyed anything I have purchased there and thus would not ever consider returning anything. I have worn out packs, boots, clothing items, etc.

If any of their products fit your needs, how could anyone ever go wrong with their service.

Thank-you LL Bean.

They are pretty awesome. I have always been happy with their service. Glad to hear you had a really good experience too.

They replaced my boots

I had a sole split on a pair of boots after I bought them two years later. They had opened a store near my mall for a survey: $10 coupon if you answered the survey. After I did the survey, they gave me the coupon and I asked them about the boots. "Send them in."
They also replaced a defective JetBoil.
But I've been going there since 1964, so maybe they recognized me! The old wooden building, buying flies at 3 a.m.

I have a very short list of stores/companies that I spend money at without worrying if I'm getting screwed. LL Bean is very high on that list of companies. You cannot go wrong there.

..and I'll say that there are very few community events in the town of Freeport, including many in the schools, where Bean isn't a sponsor of some sort.