Whiteface (belknap) and Piper Question

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Hikers

Reaction score
We are planning a West to East and back traverse of some of the Belknaps for Friday. Lacking a trail map I am asking if there is a way from Whiteface to Round Pond without going over Piper. We are looking at 15 miles and over 4000 ft gain if we include Piper on our route.

I bought a map at the Gilford library, but it has disappeared. However, I would suggest sending a PM to TrailwrightBratt. He knows the area like the back of his hand. He's the fire warden at the Belknap tower. If there is a way to do it he would know how.

you would have to go up to piper and then descend to the piper belknap col where you can take a trail(blue blaze i think) down to the pond past suncook

you would have to go up to piper and then descend to the piper belknap col where you can take a trail(blue blaze i think) down to the pond past suncook

That's the way I've drawn it on our plan, ......but I was hoping.....
We are starting at Whiteface, and going out to Straightback by the upper trails, then looping back on the lower trails

Maps at Alton library

The maps can be found there for only a few dollars. They have a few different ones including one with routes for a traverse.
They have been very handy for me.

Belknaps

That's the way I've drawn it on our plan, ......but I was hoping.....
We are starting at Whiteface, and going out to Straightback by the upper trails, then looping back on the lower trails

Last I knew you were going from Rowe.If from whiteface you must go to Piper to get to Round Pond.Where are you going to Park? Or are you going to Piper and White face from Belknap?If so (IN) the col between P and B take the sharp right turn called the Piper Link (BLUE) to Round pond Link to the pond and return the way I suggested in your PM to me.