Bonds, Zealand loop (written by JF)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FARMER

Reaction score
Sasquatch and I showed up at Lincoln Woods yesterday and hit the trail at 10:30. We ran easy to the Bondcliff trail and then hiked up to Bondcliff then to Bond and W. Bond then over Guyot where my nose got cold and on to Zealand. We then descended the Zealcliff trail and picked up an easy run down Ethan Pond trail and onto Thoreau Falls trail. When we got to the Wilderness trail we turned on our headlamps. Then we ran again towards Cedar Brook trail and the East side trail back to the car. It was 7:30 when we got there.
There was snow and ice and the water crossings were easy. There was one huge multiple tree blowdown on the Thoreau falls trail. Let's get that cleaned up Frodo!!

:)

Glad to see the scree wall is gone one of my favorite summits is returned to its natural state. I was free to don my microspikes and crush any remaining alpine flora!

I had on mesh innov8's, threw some plastic bags in there for the snow! Ryan had on the mudrocs which provided a little more protection so he didn't need additional layering of the feet.