Lincoln and Lafayette, 11/6

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blaze

Reaction score
Solid undercast west of Franconia Ridge today, with partial overcast allowing filtered sunlight - outstanding light for photography, and an outstanding day to be out.

Ascent via Falling Waters; descent via Greenleaf and OBP. Stream crossings on Falling Waters are a bit high, but manageable with care. Snowshoes not needed but light traction is helpful!

p419638617-5.jpg

p476369434-5.jpg

p201562075-3.jpg

p139993080-3.jpg

Thanks to Kate for a great day! Here's the link for all of today's photos.

Hey, that first link to one of your pics.. looks like my two friends. We climbed Lincolns Throat and topped out right on the ridge leading up to the summit of Lincoln.. They were waiting for me as I was thrashing in the scrub below after the ice ended. It was about noon.

It was definitely a sweet day on the ridge.. those clouds were all out wild!

Last edited:
Should have been on

Great pics...thanks for sharing. I was in Lincoln yesterday...now I realize I should have been on Lincoln :eek:)

Hey, that first link to one of your pics.. looks like my two friends. We climbed Lincolns Throat and topped out right on the ridge leading up to the summit of Lincoln.. They were waiting for me as I was thrashing in the scrub below after the ice ended. It was about noon.

It was definitely a sweet day on the ridge.. those clouds were all out wild!

That climb looks like it must have been a blast. I am envious! Perhaps in my next life I'll be able to do what you and your friends do.

Awesome photos. The photos of the hikers against the clouds are amazing. The cloud bank and rime ice are also stunning.

That camera of yours is the little camera that could. Of course, this is more a reflection on the photographer. :cool:

Great pics...thanks for sharing. I was in Lincoln yesterday...now I realize I should have been on Lincoln :eek:)

Thanks Mark and Dayhiker for your kind remarks! Much appreciated!

Jonathan