cooper lodge Killington

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hammerhead

Reaction score
Howdy Folks,
Just wondering if anyone has stayed overnight in Cooper Lodge on Killington during the winter or this time of year. I was wondering if there's a mice issue etc.

Thanks in advance!!

I've never actually stayed there, but I've hiked past it a bunch of times. I'm dead certain there's mice, and I know the roof leaks too (skiers and snowboarders standing on it during the winter). The other thing is that the place is damp even in the summer. Don't get me wrong (certainly don't mean to rain on your parade), it's in a great location, but I know the GMC would like to replace it or move it somewhere else, further away from the ski resort.

It's too bad, the place has potential. Cool looking old stone construction, but it certainly didn't look that great while stopping in a few weeks back. For what it's worth, an older gentleman who was a longtime GMC member, advised against me staying there. I was already headed to Pico Camp, an idea he approved of.

Not sure if you've ever seen it, but it's not fully enclosed like you're led to believe by it's "lodge" status on the LT. It's opening looks toward the northwest winds (no glass in the large windows w/ no way to close up,) kinda dingy looking inside. Certainly gets it's share of skier/snowboarder visits judging from the graffiti and stickers plastered everywhere. We didn't stay the night, so I can't speak on the mice or roof leaks from experience.

But, many of the LT shelters have mice. Just keep a clean camp and hang your food, you should be fine. Don't leave your TP around, they'll shred it to pieces!!

Last edited:
I stayed there years ago, before they moved the LT and backcountry skiing was all the rage. It was nice back then, but now its pretty much trashed. Pico camp is a much better choice these days for sure.