Killington

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lefty E

Reaction score
quick question have not tried to find out yet but is the Bucklin Trail accessible in the winter..it appears that would be an enjoyable snowshoe..thanks Lefty E

quick question have not tried to find out yet but is the Bucklin Trail accessible in the winter..it appears that would be an enjoyable snowshoe..thanks Lefty E

An enjoyable snowshoe, and an enjoyable ski. :)

The last bit above the lodge is steep and can be icy, though, so be prepared for the summit push.

One of the things I enjoy most about the Bucklin Trail is that it passes thru a balsam forest. They have a great smell, although a bit muted in winter. In my experience, there aren't that many stands of balsam in the NE.

An enjoyable snowshoe, and an enjoyable ski. :)

The last bit above the lodge is steep and can be icy, though, so be prepared for the summit push.

At the "lodge" there is a new trail that goes left, between the lodge and the tent platforms. It avoids the short steep climb of .2 (I think) but does come out on the ski trails. Near where it meets with the ski trails there is a new stairway (Stairway to Heaven, I think it is called) which is for people who come up that lift and want to walk to the summit. Interesting concept which might bring some young entrepreneurs offering to carrying gear for boarders and skiers, as the stairway is steep and long.