Camping along Coreys Rd.

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buffalogal

Reaction score
I recall some mention in a thread about camping spots along Coreys Rd. or near the parking lot to the Sewards. Can anyone provide some more specifics? Thanks. Karen

There's one relatively close to the parking lot, on the left as you're heading in... maybe 1/2 mile before...

camping on Coreys

Hi Buffalogal. The campsites along Coreys Road are marked and numbered.

Note that the road will be closed (gated) at the end of the paved area, by the horse assembly area. There is a place to park for winter trips. Believe me, you wouldn't want to try driving back to the "summer" trailhead once there's more than a foot of snow on the road. Last December 22, right after my visit there, the road was closed/gated for the winter (not a coincidence). I'm sure that the gate will be locked much earlier this year. The gate reopened on my next trip there, in April (not a coincidence this time!). Have a great trip.

ALG (aka: Buffalo Bob)

When the gate closes how much further is it in to the LT's? And is the trail in perfectly flat or are there ups & downs?

As I remember, it's about 3 miles from the summer parking lot/trailhead to the Blueberry lean-to. When the gate closes, it's about 3 additional miles on a hilly road. Still not a bad hike.

AlG said:
As I remember, it's about 3 miles from the summer parking lot/trailhead to the Blueberry lean-to. When the gate closes, it's about 3 additional miles on a hilly road. Still not a bad hike.

the road isn't too bad to ski from what i've heard...i guess just like any other seasonal road that it will be closed from dec. 1 - may 1??..

this is good, i saw three people pulled out by dozer last year... i just don't understand why people thought that they could reach the summer trail head and get back in the snow.... oh well, good business for the dozer driver....

Just one point.

I know it was mentioned that the sites were numbers.

When I was there I also noticed an official DEC campsite disk.

Nice to know you won't get chased by the police in the middle of the night.

i camped out there once - just before coreys road turns east there was a sign , i think it said "axton landing" it was a nice spot with a few places to stay near a pond (i slept in my blazer).