Whatever happened to texolite?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raymond

Reaction score
My gut is telling me no... but my gut is also very
I still have my Early Winters Silver Lining jacket, but it’s in pretty bad shape, particularly the inside part, the mesh lining. The zipper hasn’t worked for years, either, but the snaps are fine. I don’t see much evidence that companies use this material (texolite) anymore. Why not?

It’s a reflective material, supposedly like they use in astronauts’ clothing, that reflects radiant heat back onto its wearer. Much lighter in weight and packs smaller than clothing insulated with fill, either down or polyester.

We asked a salesperson about it at L.L. Bean years ago, but he or she didn’t know anything about it.

Columbia, eh? Thanks. I’ll keep my eye open.

I had a couple Silver Lining water bottle covers, too, but I lost one on East Hitchcock and the other somehow along the Pemi Bike Path, near the Basin. They weren’t nearly as bulky as those Outdoor Research ones; I could still fit the covered bottles in my pack’s bottle pockets. Not so with the thick Outdoor Research one I have.