5 days? Yeah right!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FARMER

Reaction score
So to keep tradition alive and to honor one of my early inspirations to do these attempts I am posting this super early in true Mats Roing style!

Here is the rough itinerary :

Day 1. Isolation 12 miles , Cats thru Moriah* 19.7 miles, Waumbek*
7.2 miles, Cabot* 8 miles.
Total :46.9 miles Gain: 15700 ft

Day 2. Prezzie* 22 +/- miles, Tom, Field, Willey 8.7 miles, Carrigain 14.5 miles.
Total: 45.2 miles Gain: 16200 ft

Day 3 Cannon & Kinsmans 11.9 miles, Lafayette*, Lincoln*, Liberty,
Flume ,Owls head* 20.5 miles. Total: 32.4 miles Gain : 10000 ft

Day 4. Hale 9.4 miles, Garield, Galehead, Twins, Zealand*, Bonds 28.7
miles
Total: 38.1 miles Gain : 10350 ft

Day 5 Tri's, Whiteface, Passaconaway from Kanc 17.1 miles Hancocks 9.8 miles, Osceolas 9 miles Kanc to Tripoli, Tecumseh 5, Moose 10.6
miles Total: 51.5 miles Gain : 14900 ft

Total mileage 213.1 Total Gain : 67150 ft

Planning to start on Wed 12/29 Also, I was wondering if anyone has a spot 2 or similar device I could use during the event?

Let us join our virtual hands and offer our thanks and praise to the mountain gods so they will give me and all the people who will be involved GOOD WEATHER!

Oh I almost forgot! Let the inevitable blogging by certain persons begin! :eek:

Use these links to follow my progress via SPOT 2

Last 24 hours: http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0c8QEPpvqrAIqIjfzfMT71qbKsRFt3FSv

Last 7 days: http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=09OhSRx9sE332EN0M40EcljV58Uxgafax

Daily blog updates: http://ryanwelts.blogspot.com

Last edited:
Let us join our virtual hands and offer our thanks and praise to the mountain gods so they will give me and all the people who will be involved GOOD WEATHER!
Getting five days of good weather is more likely than eight :)

What are the * for?

Will you be hiring trail breakers? Will you be using ski's? If you are than it won't count as an official record.....might want to be careful about butt sliding too....just saying.

-MEB

Make it later in January and maybe these guys will hire you for breaking trail.

Good luck. Have fun...

-Dr. Wu

Yeah I already contacted that tight wearing priss and I took the butcher knife and put it up to her neck. I said if you want to live to see tomorrow, you better start fryin' them eggs a little bit better then what you a fryin' em - I'm tired of eatin' sloppy, slimy eggs!

What are the * for?

just left over from the master list

Mats style ? you're bringing mini-kegs ?

Arm, no mini kegs but I have already stashed over 300 Coors lights along the route.

Will you be hiring trail breakers? Will you be using ski's? If you are than it won't count as an official record.....might want to be careful about butt sliding too....just saying.

-MEB

Hiring? no Skis? no WWTSSD ? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, I was wondering if anyone has a spot 2 or similar device I could use during the event?

:eek:

Thanks very much to ADKnBVI for donating the use of a SPOT2 during the attempt. Hopefully we can set it up so progress will be recorded and accessible online!

Apologies for thread drift, but I don't know what sardog is so worried about; they say they'll be prepared with

Oh, no problem! I'm already planning to set up some lawn chairs in strategic spots to watch them "fly" by

But don't let it happen again.

Magazine coverage! WTF! :D

Arm, no mini kegs but I have already stashed over 300 Coors lights along the route.

I think We need a VFTT send off at a strangebrew establishment, Monday Dec 27--consider it a group carbo loading support effort.

I put off including the elevation gain in my planning so I wouldn't be intimidated as much :) but I foolishly added it up anyway.

So if anyone is interested the average daily gain is 13430 ft

and the total gain is 67150 ft

I'll edit the original post to show the daily gain.

Getting Close!

only a week off now and the forecast models are looking great! Hopefully the long range for the 29th holds and we can get the Pressies out of the way 1st. Now go forth minions and break out those trails!

only a week off now and the forecast models are looking great! Hopefully the long range for the 29th holds and we can get the Pressies out of the way 1st. Now go forth minions and break out those trails!

I thought you were breaking them out for us :confused: