5 days? Yeah right!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone else able to view the SPOT status pages with a Mac? I'm getting a header at the top but then just a big, blank, black box.

UPDATE: It's not a Mac issue. You cannot use the SPOT status pages if you block Google Analytics. You'll need to allow that for the SPOT pages to render.

Last edited:
Looks like Ryan just finished Cabot and moving on to Waumbek.

I'm planning to do Hale on Friday. Ryan, are you going up the Hale Brook Trail?

I'm planning to do Hale on Friday. Ryan, are you going up the Hale Brook Trail?

I think it's going to depend on conditions; but given the information that's available right now (namely, that Zealand Rd is only plowed to just past the Sugarloaf trailhead), I'm guessing that the Firewarden's Trail (via Seven Dwarfs) will be used.

Hmm … maybe I oughta become a runner. Nothing like a Wu-hoo with Ferris, too! ;)

Last edited:
Shake_N_Bake.jpg

'nuf said

Thanks for all the trail updates! Planning a 6 am start tomorrow on cabot followed by waumbek then Isolation and finishing up the day with the Cats thru Moriah traverse. Any body doing the Carters, Widcats, or Moriah tomorrow?
I thought I saw a route on Isolation yesterday (Tue 12/28) but it's vanished from the SPOT report.

And there's a kink going up Carter Dome and I remember the trail as fairly straight - drop a mitten or SPOT error?

Last edited:
I thought I saw a route on Isolation yesterday (Tue 12/28) but it's vanished from the SPOT report.

And there's a kink going up Carter Dome and I remember the trail as fairly straight - drop a mitten or SPOT error?

could be that nature was calling. ill have to check his blog