Metacomet Trail 11/20 West Peak, Short Mountain, Small Cliff

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
U

Unregistered

Trail Conditions: Well blazed and dry. A few stream crossings on boulders require rock testing before leaping.

Special Equipment Required: N/A

Comments: Nice views south and west from Small Cliff, Short Mountain. West Peak at 1024' is the highest peak in Central CT. Great 270 degree views south of TV towers to all vistas except NNE. A little bit of overcast obscured views of LI Sound S of Sleeping Giant. 1993 Relo takes you on 2 miles of road walk on Edgewood Rd S of Rte 364. Kind of boring road walk. I bushwhacked back on the old Blue Blazed ridgeline trail going N of West Peak. A few nice vistas W. In some parts there is a green blaze and a black blaze with white outline that seems to go off the mountain to the west. When I reached DO NOT TRESPASS Signs after 2 miles I 'shwacked E until hit some unmarked trails that took me thru someone's ATV course and back onto Edgewood Rd. Best bet here is to just head downhill E at the powerline or W down the black/white blaze.

Only one more section of the Metacomet left! Wilbur Cross E to West Peak. I will then contact CFPA for my patches.

MrMark (BlueBlazer)