If you love animals......

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim lombard

Reaction score
I know we have more than a few animal lovers here and I just wanted to relate some experiences. We had an opportunity to live in East Africa for a month and visited several National Parks. There are two places in Tanzania that you MUST visit should you ever go.......

Lake Manyara National Park, unbelievable variety of birds from flamingos to ostrich to emerald colored bee eaters. It's a small park so you can explore every part of it in a day. If you want to see elephants up close, this is the place.

Ngorogoro Crater-world heritage sight, words can't describe it. Largest concentration of zebra in the world, lots of predators. Spend several days and stay in a lodge in the park so you can go on evening game runs. There is no place on earth like Ngorogoro.

africa

you are sooooo lucky i have read so many books about africa and it's one of the places i've always wished to visit. if you don't mind sharing, how long did you go for and what's it costing these days?

how long did you go for and what's it costing these days?

we were fortunate to go, we lived in Kangundo Kenya for 21 days and visited Tanzania for 10 days. We worked in the villages 60 kilometers from Nairobi. Air-fare was $1,500 on BA, the safari's range in price depending on if you camp or stay in a lodge. We did both which was nice. It cost us approx $6K total but we also sponsored a Kenyan for the climb/safari portion.

One bit of advice, avoid downtown Nairobi. We saw some things that I'd just as soon forget..............