Metacomet Trail Berlin Tpke to Chamberlain Hwy 12/4

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
U

Unregistered

Date of Trip: Sat 12/4/10

Trail Conditions: Very poor and sparse blazing from Orchard Road in Berlin across gas line and power lines. No southbound blaze after powerline at Summitwood Road. After new construction, no new blazes repainted. I lost trail and followed powerline to Chamberlain Hwy and came back on blazed path where it crosses road.

Special Equipment Required: Machete and/or Pruning shears. Briars and prickers ripped my polyester top. Had to walk thru the woods roads with my arms raised to stop the sleeve ripping.

Comments: Someone needs to adopt this trail section and do just a wee bit of maintenance. I hate to complain but I don't live nearby and cannot give the time. Nice views of parallel ridges in spots on this undesignated ridgeline. Lamentation Mtn to the East, Ragged Mtn to the West along with West Peak and just a bit across to Tunxis Ridgeline. Perfect hiking day. Just enough freezing temps to turn the mud into traction dirt. Last section. Metacomet now complete!

MrMark (BlueBlazer)