New Grid Finisher!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

una_dogger

Reaction score
Jeremy Clark, 27, became the 13th over all and youngest to date Grid Finisher today on Mt Waumbek.

33 people and 6 dogs were in attendance. On the summit, Jeremy was joined by Ed Hawkins, Peter Crane, Guy Jubinville, Jim Towle as he was officially inducted into "the club" -- while friends and aspiring peakbaggers and lovers of the White Mountains applauded.

It was an amazing day to celebrate the equally impressive accomplishment of Jeremy -- a young man who's given a great deal to the hiking community in many ways.

GREAT JOB, Jeremy!

:D

Present:
Una_dogger, Terra
Michael J
Eric Rathbun and Madison
Mark Tuckerman aka Silverfox
Val and Tim Charbeneau
Old Man aka Ed Smith
Kevin, Judy and Emma
Bobby
The Feathered Hat, Tuckerman and Polly
Linda and Blue
Helen
Ed Hawkins
Guy Jubinville
Pete Crane
Jim Towle
Senator Jeb Bradley
Fran Manieri
Loanshark and Liz
Craig
Barking Cat
Gary Tompkins

and at least 10 other people who's names I am forgetting!

Hopefully others will be along to post some pictures!

Last edited:
What exactly is this "grid?" I've seen reference to it several times, but no explanation. A google search didn't help, either.

The Grid is this virtual world from the movie "Tron." Oh, wait, sorry, off-topic. :)

The Grid is 48x12, ie, every peak on the NH48 list climbed in every month of the year. 576 total summits peakbagged.

Congratulations, Jeremy!

-- a young man who's given a great deal to the hiking community in many ways.

GREAT JOB, Jeremy!

I second that, emphatically. Entirely apart from the Grid, Jeremy has done more than anybody I can think of to seek out and inform the rest of us about worthy trails to lower peaks and ledges with great views, in NH and western ME, over the last 4-5 years. Check out FranklinSites.com to see for yourself. (1HappyHiker and the editors of the AMC So. New Hampshire Trail Guide rate honorable mentions.)

Last edited:
praise_applause.jpg

EXCELLENT!

Jeremy, it's probably fair to say that your body's odometer has more miles on it than most 27 year olds!:)

The Grid is 48x12, ie, every peak on the NH48 list climbed in every month of the year. 576 total summits peakbagged.
There are people who are working on or have completed the ADK 46 x 12, the Catskill 35 x 12, and no doubt others. Another form of gridding would be doing a list in all 4 seasons.