New New Balance Shoes

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny how things come around; for example, Alex MacPhail wore Addidas track shoes for a good portion of his H2H in 1963.
Everyone take a drink! :D

That's because his options were: track shoe or big ugly 15lb clodhopper. Or I guess some kind of dress shoe or pump. But these days there's about 10 million different types of shoes to chose from. Back in the olden days you had to take whatever the local 5 & 10 offered...

-Dr. Wu

Not for my ankles

I'm not a sneaker person. I twist ankles without boots but it's nice to consider these as a backup on a long trip. I like the idea that your feet dry quickly if you cross a stream but on the other hand sneakers get stinky quickly whereas socks can be rinsed in the water and dried out on your backpack while you hike and wear the second pair.

People twist ankles because their ankles are little girly men. The only way to make them stronger is to lose the Limmers. Over time you'll have the bionic ankles you were born with before you started interfering with nature by wasting money on man made BS. I'm not a supporter of the bare bones minimal shoe with zero cushioning(although there is a place for those) you NEED some underfoot protection to move efficiently. IMO of course! :D

of course

yes. of course.

I will go back to flip flops.

Obviously I don't have only two type of shoes. Limmers or Sneakers. I have various types of shoes that I wear throughout the year and for various occasions. Allow me to make my own observation about when my ankles roll while hiking. For the record - they don't roll all the time like spaghetti. They might roll once during the hike and that is enough. They will roll when I make a wrong step or when I slip - and that is when there is no protection from a sneaker but there is plenty protection from a good leather boot. IMO of course.

Flip Flops? with or without the toe thong? The reefs with the integrated bottle opener may be ideal!

thought you drank coors light cans on the trail, not bottles...

Yeah but you never know when there will be an injured hiker you could steal beer from!

I'm going to order these http://www.amazon.com/adidas-Originals-Italia-Training-White/dp/B000EE3HLQ%3FSubscriptionId%3DAKIAIMABANEKUVSXHGRQ%26tag%3Dwwwbestpric06-20%26linkCode%3Dxm2%26camp%3D2025%26creative%3D165953%26creativeASIN%3DB000EE3HLQ
I think they are the secret of reclaiming my Pemi loop record.

or better yet these are huge with OG fell runners http://www.amazon.co.uk/Walsh-Pb-Trail-Running-Shoes/dp/B001FO4G4Q

People twist ankles because their ankles are little girly men. The only way to make them stronger is to lose the Limmers. Over time you'll have the bionic ankles you were born with before you started interfering with nature by wasting money on man made
Different people have different ankles and may have different requirements.

After a bad sprain, the ligaments may become stretched so that one is more susceptible to future sprains.

Doug

I sprained my ankles many times over growing up playing ball in da hood and now the ligaments are stretched out like framars rear end and can roll over like Tuck beggin for a cookie!

Different people have different ankles and may have different requirements.

After a bad sprain, the ligaments may become stretched so that one is more susceptible to future sprains.

Doug

Doug do you honestly think someone with Jesco White as their avatar is being serious when he refers to someones ankles as "little girly men"? I mean Jesco is a model of great American behavior and a role model for millions of poverty stricken nare-do-wells I wouldn't think to tarnish his reputation for one second.

I'd love to see some minimalist bottom yet wicked thick thinsulate upper boots hit the market. I'd love to wear something LIGHT in winter that keeps my feets warm.

PS I didn't know you wore shoes, Frank. ;-)

I sprained my ankles many times over growing up playing ball in da hood and now the ligaments are stretched out like framars rear end and can roll over like Tuck beggin for a cookie!

Rob, what's a framars rear end?? Is that, like, a butt or something?

Yessss! I was waiting for NB to make something, and it looks like a very nice design. I've still been wearing normal shoes while trying to change my stride, but the heel wedge makes it very difficult. I didn't like the design of the Nike Free--seems to be a much more radical departure than necessary, and I don't like the squishy.

Any word on where they're made?

Yessss! I was waiting for NB to make something, and it looks like a very nice design. I've still been wearing normal shoes while trying to change my stride, but the heel wedge makes it very difficult. I didn't like the design of the Nike Free--seems to be a much more radical departure than necessary, and I don't like the squishy.

Any word on where they're made?
Have you tried the Nike Free 3.0? definitely my favorite...

-Dr. Wu