Nor'easter of No'easter?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The current models are putting it offshore and missing us. Some wrap around snow could back in on Tuesday but accumulations would be light. We are stuck under an upper level low that is driving the storms south of us, and it looks like this will continue through next week. Similar to last year when parts of Maryland and Virginia got more snow than southern NH did.:(

Yeah Dr No is in the building again. And when he says no, he means it. :mad:

The good news is, the mountains will still get some snow. Bad news is most of New England wont, though eastern sections may get some thrown back at them from the storm, esp along the coastlines down near the Cape due to ocean effect.

That blocking pattern is something fierce, and its been screwing us over for months now, like Quietman said. To make things weirder, its been bringing warm air up to......Greenland!!! If you follow some of the temperature trends for specific towns, you will see that highs can get into the 40s and 50s.

I know I'm bucking the media here, but I object to the term "Nor'easter." Any student of New England accents will realize that no New Englander would pronounce that "R" in the middle of "Northeaster."

It should properly be pronounced "Nawth-easter."

C'mon Dave - that's still one "r" too many.

It's Nawth-eestah or Naw-eestah.

(As a local kid with a Texan mom who warshed her clothes, I was trained to pronounce all my
Rs and took some ribbing for putting "rs" where they didn't belong)

Last edited: