Two family rental chalet in NH?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoulderBum

Reaction score
I know this is late, but I am trying to link up with a friend over the holidays(post newyears actually) to do some X-country skiing, maybe winter hiking, if no snow shows up. He is in New York, I am in New Brunswick, (Canada, not New Jersey), So NH maks a good halfway point. Problem is... his wife can't take the serious backcountry camping anymore, due to injuries... and we all are getting older and slower. A nice fireplace and bottle of wine might be better in the evening. Looking for ideas on a place where two families can hang out and not get on each others nerves... i.e. seperate bedrooms, with a common area. Somewhere in the Conway, Gorham, Lincoln area... actually anywhere in northern or central NH is fine.... so long as there is the potential for x-country skiing. Any ideas out there? My friend has spent 2 months out of every 3 in Iraq for the past 4-5 years (Aircraft mechanic), so we haven't had a chance to catch up in a while. Any help I can get to make this happen would be great. Thanks.

There are certainly options. We have always enjoyed The Beacon Resort in Lincoln. They have indoor pools, hot tubs, restaurant, bar, "nightlife" (depending on your definition), good location just below Flume and Indianhead. They have cabins and rooms. I think a couple cabins have fireplaces and kitchens. Pretty reasonable and normally there's rooms available.

An Inn might be a good option. They tend to have living room / lounge common space available, quite comfortable for hanging out.

I've dined but not stayed at the Franconia Inn. The food was excellent. It's a lovely, rambling, old inn and the Franconia area is beautiful. The Inn maintains 65km of XC ski trails. Restaurant and bar, game room, etc. all on the premises.
http://www.franconiainn.com/cross_country_ski_center.php

In a more urban environment, we and many friends have all enjoyed our stays in N Conway at the small, cute Cabernet Inn. Breakfast served on the premises was very yummy. For other meals go anywhere in town, or a short walk to the bar & restaurant next door at the 1785 Inn. The Cabernet is located directly on the trails of the Mt. Washington Valley Ski Touring and Snowshoe Center. It's a smaller place, you'll get to know the others staying there as well as hang out with each other. I believe I recall a living room upstairs and a family room downstairs, all with big chairs and couches.
http://www.cabernetinn.com/

Both places are not far drives from a plethora of hiking, xc skiing, and downhill skiing options.

I have never been disappointed in the VBRO (Vacation Rentals By Owner) website. They have many properties in the New England area. The post-New Years period ought to have good choices.