national parks to become obsolete ;)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
72ppi imagery and RealAudio? Geez, they need to improve that before the bulldozing begins in earnest.

I love the Onion. :)

Nice idea..hardly. This wrecks the authentic chance for people to experience the national parks in person rather than at home. If people have died there, then my guess it's their own fault. Death does not take a holiday in the wild. This all just makes people more of sissies.

Never really checked out the Onion before... news satire, so I'm guessing it's all just for amusement and entertainment. The article itself is from back in April of '97 so a bit out-of-date. If read as satire, pretty funny; if serious, I think most of us would be able to expound on the flaws in the idea. :cool:

Yes, the Onion is 100% humor & satire. Egads, please don't anyone take it seriously!

Well you at least you taught me something new! I was wondering why such an article would have been posted, seeing the amount of indignation it might cause ;)

oops - sorry to confuse anyone!!! I know the date says April 1997, but, it came up under the 12.27.10 archive, so I wasn't sure if anyone had seen it!!!! I thought it was funny!!!! :eek:

Yes, the Onion is 100% humor & satire. Egads, please don't anyone take it seriously!
Whaaaat? You mean those opinions of the man on the street are fabricated? And that's been my primary source of news for years. Tell me you're kidding!:D

Ya gotta love 'em, from a Hurricane Katrina headline of "God one-ups terrorists again" to "Horrified man looks on helplessly as he ruins date."

All that said, despite some excellent video tours of the National Parks, I hope Edward Abbey's fears never come to pass, and that people continue to visit them and get out of their hermetically sealed cars and RVs and actually walk around.

But what about the 1999 Appalachia where major cooperations renamed major features of the WMNF...from Tuckerman Ravine to Budweiser Bowl? (Hasn't a local brewer cashed in on the former? rhetorical question)