NE-ster

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rup

Reaction score
First flakes ~11:30am here in N NJ. TV weather says: 12-18" with chance of 24".

Better chop some more wood.

Calling for 14-20" from the Berkshires east to almost Boston where it will likely mix to rain. Not sure what the accumulation forecast looks like going north, but for those of us in central Mass on vacation this week, it looks like some prime snowshoeing conditions. :D

Edited to add: about 2" on the ground in Athol at 7:30, and we're just getting started.....

Monday 12/27 11:30 AM 12 to 14 inches of light powder on the ground and still some flurries at the Gorham/ Randolph NH line. The trees are loaded with snow as we havent had much wind.

More like 18" this late this afternoon and some big drifts. The snow is pure powder and easy to shovel.

Last edited:
We are still under blizzard conditions here in Bridgton. It is almost impossible to tell what the snowfall has been because of the force of the wind. The snow in a large unplowed parking lot in front of my office measures about 6" of surprisingly heavy snow. Drifts in places are two to three feet deep. In other places the ground is bare. The wind is fierce. I don't know about the rest of the town, but we thankfully have not had any power outages.

We did lose Dish satellite reception of the local Portland stations last night while reception of all the other stations worked. All is back and working now.

Calling for 14-20" from the Berkshires east to almost Boston where it will likely mix to rain. Not sure what the accumulation forecast looks like going north, but for those of us in central Mass on vacation this week, it looks like some prime snowshoeing conditions. :D

Edited to add: about 2" on the ground in Athol at 7:30, and we're just getting started.....

Ludlow...we were off to a good start and voila, a total of 3inches. YES, that is 3 inches, not 30.
Last I checked we are in Western MA between the Berkshires and Boston. Where, oh where are the other 17 inches????

No need for the plow last night. Hopefully there is more at DAR and Notchview!!!
Windblow received 10" on top of their 3-5" base. Officially open today!:D

Ludlow...we were off to a good start and voila, a total of 3inches. YES, that is 3 inches, not 30.
Last I checked we are in Western MA between the Berkshires and Boston. Where, oh where are the other 17 inches????

No need for the plow last night. Hopefully there is more at DAR and Notchview!!!
Windblow received 10" on top of their 3-5" base. Officially open today!:D

Tell me about it! A whopping 8" further north on Rt. 202. Looks like we got stuck in a band of dry air or something. Might try to head to Monadnock to play in the snow later this week, as long as the wind hasn't taken it all away...

Maybe old news by now, but I'm measuring about 18" of new snow in the backyard here in Bethlehem. Should be some fun trailbreaking coming up soon!