What did Santa bring you?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No Santa for me but chanukah Harry and my birthday last week got me....

Osprey Atmos 65 backpack
Big Agnes tent (think sl2)
LL Bean 35f bag
Werner paddle (25oz)
Jetboil

the second semester bill from Indiana U
another bill from Binghamton U
a bill from Delta airlines for my daughter trip to florida

and 14-18 in of snow for me to shovel!

No Santa for me but chanukah Harry and my birthday last week got me....

Osprey Atmos 65 backpack
Big Agnes tent (think sl2)
LL Bean 35f bag
Werner paddle (25oz)
Jetboil

the second semester bill from Indiana U
another bill from Binghamton U
a bill from Delta airlines for my daughter trip to florida

and 14-18 in of snow for me to shovel!

Looks like the first list will ease the sting of the second!

-stubby ice screw
-titanium kettle
-an assortment of small camp stuff
-half an avy beacon
-Ed Viesturs' book about K2
-my first visit with my adorable 9-month old nephew!

Last edited:
Been playing nurse/doctor for my wife. She had surgery 10 days before Christmas and is on bed rest for 6 weeks. Not been doing much outside.

However my wife did surprise me with a Niteride MiNewt 250 cordless light for my mt bike. Will be doing some night rides very soon.......oh and a mix of New Belgium and Dogfish Head ales.:D

EMS Enduro Trek softshell pants
Canon Rebel DSLR
Soto stove

Took granddaughter Emily on her first downhill sledding day at the playground. At 2 1/2 years of age, first she cried out, "No, I don't want to." Then, after I insisted (nicely) and we went down the hill the first time she cried out, "Go again!"

Gransfors, eh? I think that's the one gift of which I'm the most jealous. Very nice!

From my wife to me: Luminox Original Navy Seal series 3000 NATO Gray watch (model A.3001.NATO.GRY) Last watch I'll ever buy, I love it.

In-laws gave me a Kershaw Chill folder and a Kershaw Ultra-tek diamond sharpener along with a $45 EMS gift card.

Also, lots and lots of homemade sugar cookies and two happy kids running around the house playing their new miniature guitars and singing.

Good year.

Driving towards Moat Mountain Brewpub from the South Moat trailhead, we spotted something on the road ahead of us that looked like it should be picked up. We stopped and discovered an ice axe. For a moment we thought Santa had left it there for us, then upon further investigation saw that it really belonged to the EMS Climbing School. So we returned it to them (in North Conway) and learned that someone else had just turned in a climbing helmet they found, also EMSCS. :eek:

Last edited:
Driving towards Moat Mountain Brewpub from the South Moat trailhead, we spotted something on the road ahead of us that looked like it should be picked up. We stopped and discovered an ice axe. For a moment we thought Santa had left it there for us, then upon further investigation saw that it really belonged to the EMS Climbing School. So we returned it to them (in North Conway) and learned that someone else had just turned in a found/lost climbing helmet. :eek:

Hopefully someone else will turn in the lost hiker that goes with that gear.