Finally, SnowCup

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donna

Reaction score
On Dec 26th a fun group meets up for another great trip to Maine.

arm, Christine, Dani & Ron, Darlene, donna, drew, Jen, John Galt (aka Mike), MEB, Meri, MtnPa, Stev-o, Suelee, and Swampy met up at 9:30 AM in Oquossoc, Maine. We jumped into 3 cars and headed to SnowCup via Morton Cutoff. Christine is by far the best driver in the whole wide world.

We successfully bagged SnowCup - my 99th of NE100 highest...and ARM'S WINTER NE100 HIGHEST FINISH! Congratulations arm!

On the 27th we had the best home cooked dinner in the whole wide world. arm and Suelee shopped and Dani, Christine and Darlene cooked. Our first serving was homemade sliders, 2nd we had stuffed mushrooms with bacon and for dinner, chicken, salad, pasta (MEB's homemade sauce), garlic bread and for desert...ice cream. It's amazing what the best cooks in the whole wide world can do with a mix of shopping supplies. It was by far a gormet dinner.

On the 28th, arm, Christine, Jen, MEB, MtnPa, Suelee and Swampy headed to the Bigelows to break some serious trail. They made it almost to the col.

The night of the 28th we celebrated an early New Year's Eve at GO's house. Thank you GO & Val for the enormous amount of food and hospitality. We had a great time and it's always so good to see you.

Before heading home, arm, Jen, MEB, MtnPa, Suelee and I returned to the Bigelow's. We broke trail to the col and arm, Jen, MtnPa and Suelee bagged the summit of Avery.

It was great to see Seema and Brian at GO's in the morning and again on the Bigelow's trail.

Frodo, I missed you on my final Maine six-pack... hope I see you for my 3rd winter attempt on Vose Spur...maybe next winter.

Thank you everyone for a great time. Feel free to add comments, I'm sure I'm missing lots of the fun stuff.

Posted a few pictures:

http://community.webshots.com/album/579407900RUSdua?start=28

Awww shucks Donna, my dad would be so proud to know he taught me to be fearless while driving on Maine logging roads! :rolleyes:

Reactions: arm
Yeah....kudos to Chinook and her driving skills....seriously, it was IMPRESSIVE!

Donna...thanks for getting me up SnowCup...is that the name of it or was it something else;) Vose Spur was a beast but I would totally go back with you any time. Thanks for orgainizing a great trip!

-MEB

The evidence would suggest another name :eek::D:eek:
Congrats to arm!!!

Good luck on your pending Winter NEHH finish!!
Looks like Vose Spur is the only thing standing in your way?

Knocked out Jefferson on her off-day. She's too hot to be stopped.
The mountains can only hope to delay her slightly.

Great job on the trip. Lots of fun busting it up with the team.

Last edited:
Great trip and great pics Donna!!!!! Thanks for organizing it was an awesome time. Was great to really meet GO & Valerie as well.

I as well was lucky enough to hook a ride in the Chinook-mobile. The girl can drive for sure, was really something different to watch the snowmobile whiz by us going the other way as we drove down the road. I'm guessing they were pretty surprized.

Next time we'll get you Vose Spur. It took you what six tries on Jefferson???

Last edited:
I'm missing lots of the fun stuff
if you remember the fun stuff, you weren't there ;)

you forgot about Mallory, Mandi, Tif and Trixie helping you and MEB break trail up to Bigelows Col

slow going, breaking trail up Bigelows ... four hours to break one mile of waist+deep powder above Moose Falls Tentsite ... steep and deep !

MEB, some people call it Snow LKL (Little Kennebago Lake) ... is that what you meant ? ;)

congrats on your 99th Hot Donna ... that sure is a lot of promises :)

fun hikes, great friends, good times at basecamp, very cool of GO and VO to invite us over to their home

thank you, for a real good time ... fun way to welcome Winter !

posted a few pics on webshots
http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/561994098LxxVnN?vhost=outdoors&start=36

Sounds like an awesome trip with some of the most fun people I know. The hiking sounds like a good time, but I'm mostly jealous of all the food you consumed. Mmmm...MEB's homemade sauce.

Congrats Arm! Donna, what will you do when you no longer have a Scar Ridge, errr Coe, errrr Vose Spur out there dashing your hopes of hiking glory every winter?

Mallory, Mandi, Tif and Trixie...now those sound like some Mean Girls :D.

Happy belated bday Darlene!

Rebecca

Congrats to Arm & Donna!

A big thank you to the trail breakers on Fire Warden's to Avery & West Peak (Bigelows). You guys are awesome. :)

hey, the drive into work this morning was FAR more of a challenge than those logging roads. :rolleyes:

At least I didn't have to pass any snowmobiles this morning!

:)