Milan Hill/Nansen Ski Club

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lefty E

Reaction score
If you are in the North Country on January 23rd, check out Milan Hill State Park. The Nansen Ski Club is hosting a Winter Festival which will feature classic ski races and snowshoe guided tours and sledding. More info is available at www.skinansen.com or today's edition of the Berlin Daily Sun. If I knew how to insert links I would!! The views from Milan Hill are nice enough so the little mountain is included in Scudder's View Guide book. Hope the weather co ops!! Lefty E

NHPTV has been running a program the last couple weeks, "An Oral History of Berlin, NH", I believe is the name of the program. There is a good segment in the program on Nansen Ski Club and it's history. Oldest continuous ski club in the US. Their winter festival was quite the social event during the heydays of Berlin. Entire program is great look at Berlin and all the town and it's people have gone through over the years. So very sad, for so many families. Highly recommend watching it if it is on again. Hopefully I can free up sometime that weekend, catch a few hikes and see for myself. Thanks for the head's up.

Not sure if the rules have changed but at the original ski trail location, there were "no dog" allowed. The signs were hand painted and read "no dog"

I havent been up to the new location at Milan Hill state park but have heard the trails are a lot brighter.