Greenleaf Trail broken?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grouseking

Reaction score
Has anyone been up that trail this week? Was wondering if it was broken....

It won't be broken tomorrow if we attempt it, due to the snow coming, but thats only a couple inches. Lemme know!

grouseking

update

Same question, different day

Anybody hiked it, or been by it, and seen if its broken? This time I have tentative plans to hike it, and learning my lessons from my last Lafayette attempt, I'd like a packed down trail. Just because :)

Lemme know!!

Did the Kinsman Ridge trail today - with the snow on Monday night any sign of previous hikers had been wiped away. Don't think too many people do the Greenleaf trail in the Winter, so between the snow storm Sat nght, and Monday night it is unlikely it is broken out.

Did the Kinsman Ridge trail today - with the snow on Monday night any sign of previous hikers had been wiped away. Don't think too many people do the Greenleaf trail in the Winter, so between the snow storm Sat nght, and Monday night it is unlikely it is broken out.

Hmm, thanks bobandgeri

That is what I figured, though we may check just in case.

I think the OBP is a much better winter route, it gets packed out and blown over, the greenleaf is very sheltered and can be hard to follow, or at least it was whe I did it a few winters ago.

Agree with you, grouseking, I also would like to get up there via Greenleaf..waiting for some younger folks to break it out!!